Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's A Conspiracy!

Apparently there is a stomach bug going around Central Texas, laying people out for a day and making them feel puny for a week. I caught it!

Night before last, I woke up every hour on the hour. My Darling Wife asked me what for, and I told her to check the time, because that's all I did before going back to sleep.

Last night, I woke up every hour and a half to two hours, for the same purpose. Then I noticed a pattern: When the blankets are pulled off of me and I'm pushed off to the last 15" wide strip on my side of our queen sized bed, I wake up. Note: I'm wider than 15" at the shoulders.

When I got up this morning, I felt worse than last night when I went to bed. I called in and told WM I was going to miss at least the first few hours of work, and went back to bed. And wouldn't you know it, a hair over two hours after she left for the gym with the zoo, my Darling Wife comes back & makes noise, waking me up again!

Cliffs: I haven't had 3 hours' sleep (one REM cycle) in 2.5 days now.

I did get a little more rest and I'm trying my stomach to see if it will let me stay out of bed before heading out to work. I give me even odds and I give God thanks for a job where I can just not show up on a phone call's notice.

********
Update later the same day: I thought I would be ok, then I put a shirt on. No dice. When I lost the heat radiation surfaces on my chest, stomach, and back, my energy meter started falling sharply. Sorry boss, but it's going to have to wait until I can muster more than 2 hours of sleep all together. :(

No comments: