Monday, August 31, 2009

My Blood: Mine!

The Day Has Come. I mentioned before that the Texas Senate had passed a morally EVIL law allowing blood draws without all the old "medical freedom, personal liberty, and anti-self-incrimination" hoops being jumped through.

Tomorrow, this law goes into effect.

I fully anticipate never having my blood drawn by a police officer, because I follow the laws on the road, including not drinking and driving. If the police wanted a breathalyzer test from me, it would probably be for a pretty good reason (most likely involving a sketchy wreck). That's probable cause, and 100% of the time I would be scot-free because I N.E.V.E.R drink and drive (not being a f*cking idiot).

BUT

If some police officer got a wild hair and wanted to take my blood, it would almost certainly require the assistance of a Tazer or several other officers all at once. Also, some new pieces of paper would be handed to a judge with my name on them. They would have fun vocabulary words like "resisting" "failure" and "assaulting." As I mentioned in my previous post, the ACLU would probably help me to give them some papers too, with fun phrases like "under color of law."

For the most part, all the same arguments will be directly applicable to lifting fingerprints from my fingers without my consent, via the new (and Jackboot Thug of Oppression Approved) Blue Check fingerprinting system. Lift them from something I touched, if you can. Try to get my fingers on your sensor, and there's a fight about to jump off.

You Statist Bastards.

No comments: