Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Best Laid Plans

A year ago a garage door spring broke and Bad Robot has been parking outside. Finally we have been free of extra expenses long enough to afford a new set of springs. +2 hours making measurements, springs probably to be ordered tomorrow. I meant to order them straight away last year but then something came up and something else came up . . .

. . . aaaaand now the right gearbox on the Power Wheels is dead. No go at ALL. Silver lining is this happened after 15 solid minutes of #2 "helping" me test the jeep. I think I may be able to bodge a scooter motor and gearset in there, but it will take some doing.

It seems the universe (or maybe just its Creator) has a funny way of undoing what I thought looked like a good plan when I laid it out. Well, roll with it or be smashed eh?

No comments: