Saturday, July 16, 2011

I Love Work

. . . I could watch it all day!

(seen on a coffee mug behind the counter in Maintenance Control at my squadron)
  • Cut a hole, install a fan, grille, and screen to ventilate the Power Wheels Jeep's drivetrain compartment
  • Fabricate a hold-down for the 5x bigger than stock Power Wheels' battery (vs. the "gravity holds it there for me" version I had in there)
  • Block up the Power Wheels' gearboxes so they don't flop around like frikken fresh-caught salmon*
  • Changed the oil in Bad Robot
  • Changed the transaxle gear oil in the Hot Rod
  • Wire in the new home theater receiver & speakers
  • Relocate a couple of DVD players
. . . and that was between breakfast and dinner today. Anyway, the point is, when I am not trying to figure out some problem that keeps me from enjoying my stuff, and nobody is whinging about how long I am taking at the work, I actually LIKE working, especially working on cars. Who wants to sponsor my education to get an ASE certification?
Anyone?
Bueller?

********

* #2 reports that after I installed the fan, the Jeep turns much better than it did before. I ran with my gut feeling and said it was probably more from stabilizing the suspension than installing a fan.

No comments: