Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Something Else That Never Happens To Me

On my commute to work this morning I looked down a long hill and saw lots of flashing lights at the bottom. From about a mile or two away I knew something bad was happening and I wanted to avoid it if possible. I saw as I drew nearer that the circus was in the left part of the road so I merged to the right lane. I thought that the other drivers on the left lane would do likewise, as we all came up and saw that there was a traffic stop underway in the left-turning lane coming up to a light.

There was a light, 5+ car lengths, a truck with an unhappy driver, a car length, a Police cruiser, a few more lengths, and another cruiser. BOTH Police cars had their brightasheck LED lightbars going full tilt.

As I pulled up to the scene, another pickup pulled in behind the second cruiser. I thought "how nice, somebody to help" thinking they were coming to rescue their soon-to-be-arrested buddy's truck. Then another car pulled in behind the pickup. And another. And another. By the time I went on around the bend, EIGHT cars were in a line behind this traffic stop in-progress, and would have to wait for someone to shoo them away or else a clue to pop into their heads before they would go around and make their left turns.

Remember there was a MILE to react to this. For more than a full minute these sheeple were blissfully ignoring the mess they were going to get themselves into. I wouldn't be surprised if their Condition White minds never even saw the police lights up ahead.

Contact and cover: Sometimes the Cover guy gets a good laugh at the fools around him, I suppose.

No comments: