Friday, July 15, 2011

Busy. Bring Motors Or . . . Don't.

Instead of blogging I've been all evening trying to climb the learning curve on Power Wheels repairs. The Zoo drove clean through one set of drive wheels on the $25 Jeep, so today I installed a $50 set of replacement wheels. Then the motors started smoking. Short-term, I'm going to try to get some ventilation/cooling fans in there. Long term, I need motors.

You have to understand there is a whole subculture dedicated to making a kid's toy carry a man at street-legal-car speed. There exists a body of knowledge with its own lexicon. It takes a couple of hours to get up to speed *ahem* enough to know what you don't know.

I know I think I need some motors and that it looks like another $50 might be going into this jeep. And it needs a front end sag repair as well, when #1 is riding.

Oy. At least the replacement/upgraded battery was free.

No comments: