Monday, July 4, 2011

Racism And Christianity: Not Compatible.

  • You can't be a Christian and not believe in the Bible
  • You can't believe in the Bible and be a racist
  • Therefore, you can't be both Christian and racist.
Racism: the belief that one "race" or ethnic group is superior to another, biologically
Culturism: the belief that one culture is superior to another

I caught flak for telling The City on an Official Form that my "race" is Human. I changed it to reflect my skin color, though that is arguably inaccurate (if you look at my grandparents' skin color and national origins). Down on the inside, I stand by the original entry on the form. Because I believe what my Bible tells me:
"God ... giveth to all life, and breath, ... And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth"
Black man? My brother
Brown man? My brother
Yellow man? My brother
White man? My brother

Trace that family tree back far enough and you end up with the same mother and father for all of us. Geographic necessity may have caused some minor variations to help us adapt to our surroundings, but when you cut our throats we all gush the same red blood.

So if you say something bad about the ever-hated Jew because his "ethnicity" is marked on the form as Jewish, you are a dumb ass and really ought to spend more quality time in your Bible. If you look down on the black man, or say the white man is out to get you, ditto. Excuse me if I do not share your enthusiasm on the subject.

Now, if you say that a culture which denigrates women and promotes fatherlessness, drug use/abuse/dealing, crime, and the like is of equal value to a culture which elevates women and motherhood, values the two-parent (opposite sex) married family foundation, discourages drug use and frowns on crime, you are a fool. And probably a government-educated fool at that.

No comments: