Wednesday, April 13, 2011

This Is Why I Never Shoot Gun Show Reloads

At any gun show, you can find somebody selling bags of "once-fired" brass reloaded to spec. Bags of ammunition for cheap. You know what? I don't trust it 1/100th as far as I could throw it. I don't trust it as far as the next stall at the shooting range. I was ready to stop shooting when PB took me to the range at lunch, until he assured me that the mixed brass was of his reloading.

Why? Because reloading is both a martial art and a form of meditation. The smallest slip-up in anything can mean you are dead and/or your gun is destroyed. Like this guy, who put pistol powder in a rifle case and did an outstanding job of blowing his AR right the [deleted] up. He was very fortunate to escape with only minor injuries.

And you want to buy ammo from random sumdood at a show, to be gone the next day, said dude being of unknown skill with an unknown past? Pass.

But do NOT pass on that link. Click it for some impressively bad KaBoom "after" photos.

No comments: