Saturday, April 2, 2011

Kids Say The Darnedest Things . . .

I started telling this story to my Darling Wife by saying, "So my children . . . "

#2 thought he saw the kids' restroom light turn off by itself. He told us and we brushed him off, so he apparently rounded up his posse and went to handle business. Next time I saw him he was creeping up to the bathroom door and sprang in quickly. #1 was hiding behind the nearest doorjamb.

VFD: (to #1) What are you doing?
#1: Waiting to attack anybody that comes out of the restroom.
#2: (advances through restroom to tub, throws back curtain) AH-HA!

Then we had a little conversation about just whose job it is to investigate suspicions of strangers in the house, and how to look at the front door and tell that nobody had come in.

#1 and #2 put together don't add up to 16 years old, but they were going to handle it. Them's my children.

No comments: