Sunday, April 17, 2011

Update: Me Too

Remember I said everybody but me in the family was getting down with the sickness? Yeah, me too. It didn't help that I*, excellent husband that I am, let her go to bed early and stay till she was done this morning. Rest is a key ingredient for health and I missed out on mine two days running. She fit the pattern of feeling really bad and waking up sweaty, having broken a fever over the course of a long nap. I** made it a short nap, but I was feeling at about 2% for a while there before I went to bed.

********

*Yes I am an excellent husband. What, I shouldn't be honest about a good thing? Don't be jealous! If you don't like your husband, read a copy of the Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands. If you really want to do your marriage up right, after that read Created to be His Help Meet.

**Thank God I seem to have got off light with this sickness. I am happy to say I seem to get most diseases to a lesser extent than those around me, if I catch them at all! We'll see how tomorrow goes under the fluorescents at work.

********

Edited to Add:
The smoke from the West Texas fires has blown over Central Texas . . . not helping with my Darling Wife's sensitivity to smoke . . . and Sarah Mims found that smoke sometimes carries fungal spores with it (in addition to bacteria which was already known), which will surely also not-help :(

No comments: