Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I Didn't Want To Point Fingers At The Time, But . . .

. . . but I will admit that the timing seemed awfully fishy. You remember how Toyota had all those reports of runaway acceleration in their fancy Japanese cars? And do you also remember that GM and Chrysler were sucking wind pretty hard at exactly the same time? I am generally inclined to chalk things up to incompetence, rather than malice, and coincidence rather than conspiracy. However. . .

The USDOT says that those Toyotas with runaway acceleration problems were not defective. The black boxes in the cars help the Department of Transportation to be confident in calling it all "driver error."

Those who espoused conspiracy theories at the time, may now feel free to say "I told you so" I still hope you were/are wrong, but feel free to crow now, if you like.

No comments: