Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Where's A Cop When You Need One?

On the way home from work, pulling up to a red light behind 4 or 5 cars in the #1 lane at a 3-lane intersection. I see a silver compact car at the end of the line in #2 lane with a door open. Set Condition Orange! I kept watching as I slowed to a stop, thinking about where the nearest firearm was. It so happened that I stopped almost dead-even with the car in question. As I was stopping, I watched a hand open a clear glass bottle which was wrapped in a brown paper sack, and the contents were poured out on to the street. I stopped, and it turned out the person pouring was a woman, mid 20s to mid 30s. She gave me a bleary-eyed look and closed the door, took a LIQUOR bottle out of its bag, and set the bottle on the floor next to her in the car.

Wow. I took off like a shot when it was my turn to go after the light changed. A drunk woman driver I need next to me like a goblin with a shotgun . . . because the results can be very similar, indeed!

No comments: